Skip to main content

Admissions Requirements

Admissions Requirements

Spokane Falls Community College has an open door admission policy admitting any graduate of a high school or any individual who is at least 18 years of age and holds a certificate of educational competence like a GED (General Educational Development).

Admissions Policies

  • SFCC operates multiple programs at multiple locations. Admission is granted on a first-come, first-serve basis for as many students as the various locations and programs can accommodate.

  • Some programs require satisfactory completion of certain prerequisites prior to admission or have special selection procedures, so admission to the college does not guarantee acceptance in every program. Take a look at each specific program for specific application details on our What to Study page.

  • You may enter college at the beginning of any quarter, however you should be aware that some programs of study may be started only certain quarters.

  • International students should apply through our international students application process.

  • High school students enrolling in a Running Start program should check out our application materials.

  • Applications are accepted before the application deadline for every quarter:

Residency Status for Admissions

Your state residency determines your tuition and fees. Visit our tuition and fees page to see costs associated with your residency status or visit the financial aid eligibility page for more information on how your residency status may affect your grants, scholarships and loan status.

Criteria for Washington State Residents

In order to enroll as a Washington state resident, you must be financially independent and have established a bona fide domicile in the state of Washington for other than primarily educational purposes for one year immediately prior to the first day of the academic quarter.

Or be financially dependent and have one or both parents domiciled in the state of Washington for a period of one year immediately prior to the first day of the academic quarter.

Are you a Washington resident who has been out of Washington State for educational purposes only? You may qualify for a Change of Residency Status.

Two students smiling in the fall st SFCC.
Determining Your Residency Status
If you do not qualify for in-state residency or you're unsure about your residency status, take a look at our residency status page where we talk about the difference between independent vs dependent, non-citizen, active military and veterans.