Skip to main content

If you

are you a new student to Spokane Falls Community College (SFCC) but have college credit from another school, we can help you get those credits applied to your SFCC transcript. SFCC accepts transfer credits from accredited two and four-year institutions.

Are you looking for information on transfer counseling, options or articulation agreements? Visit the Get Ready to Transfer page for more information.

Step 1 – Apply

Complete the application process the same way new students do, following the directions on the Apply Now page. Just remember, you have one extra step of transferring your credits.

Step 2 – Transferring Your Credits

In order for your credits to be applied, you must submit transcripts at least two weeks before the start of the quarter.

Get Started - Order Your Transcripts

Start by ordering an official transcript from your former school(s). Most schools have a simple process for ordering a transcript which can be found on their website or in your ctcLink student center. Follow their directions for requesting an official transcript. (Unofficial transcripts may be submitted if you have completed our Extenuating Circumstances Form and been approved. See below for more information.) Transcripts should be delivered to the Admissions Office in the original sealed envelope.

Pond view looking towards the greenhouse at SFCC.
Extenuating Circumstances for Mathematics

Under extenuating circumstances, transcripts from the past 3 years are unofficially evaluated for purposes of math placement. You will need to visit a counselor in Building 30. Bring an unofficial copy of your transcript and a course description (from your previous college website) of the math course you took. 

Group of girls smiling on the grass.
How Are My Credits Evaluated?

SFCC uses two methods to evaluate your transfer credits. You may need one or both methods. To learn more about our evaluation process, visit our Transfer Credit Evaluation page.