What is documentation?
Documentation is medical verification of a condition provided by a doctor, psychologist, therapist, school, or other agency. Students obtain documentation and provide it to DAS.
What should documentation include?
- Medications and side effects
- If temporary, recovery timeline
- Credentials and contact information of medical provider
What are some examples of acceptable documentation?
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- 504 Plan
- Evaluation or a 3-year review
- Psychological Assessment
- Learning Disability Evaluation
- Disability Determination Letter(VA, Social Security, etc.)
What if I don’t have documentation or have difficulty obtaining documentation?
Please fill out the DAS Inquiry Form, return it and request to meet with DAS staff to discuss your needs. Every individual situation is unique,regardless of what medical documentation you may or may not have, please come by our office to discuss how we may be able to support your academic goals.
Questions? Please call us at 509-533-4166 or email email@example.com