Common Types of Waivers
Community Colleges of Spokane may grant tuition waivers for state-support college credit classes to resident senior citizens who are at least 60 years of age by the first day of instruction of the quarter during which enrollment is desired and are a resident of Washington, regardless of length of such residency.
A fee of $2.50 per class (with a maximum of two classes for $5) will be charged.
Class fees and parking are additional.
Registration must be made in person and will only be accepted on the third through fifth instructional days of the class on a space-available basis. Permission from the instructor for each class is required. Fill out the SFCC Registration Add/Drop form and submit to Admissions and Registration with instructor signature.
Senior citizens interested in this waiver will not be allowed to create a space by initially enrolling and paying regular tuition and course fees and then withdrawing in order to participate in the waiver program.
Waivers shall not be granted to individuals who plan to use credits earned to improve status for credentialing or salary schedule purposes.
WA State/Public Higher Education Employee Tuition Waiver
Permanent Washington state employees employed 50 percent or more may register on a space-available basis using the Washington State Employee/Public Higher Education Employee Tuition Waiver Form CCS Employees may use CCS Employee Tuition Waiver form.
Persons wishing to use the waiver must register by the fifth day of the quarter and must present the completed waiver form and the SFCC Registration/Add/Drop Form to the admissions office. The cost is $25 per class. Permission from the instructor for each class is required on the Add/Drop form with instructor signature, beginning the third day of the quarter.
Employees interested in this waiver will not be allowed to create a space by initially enrolling and paying regular tuition and course fees and then withdrawing in order to participate in the waiver program.
Students are responsible for any additional charges such as class fees, books, photo ID, parking fee, technology fee, etc. Students enrolled in over 6 credits will be charged at the regular tuition rate. Please contact the Admission/Registration Office at 509-533-4356 with any questions.
Note: Employees in the K-12 systems are not eligible for the WA State Employee Waiver with the exception of the following:
- Employees of state agencies employed one-half time or more as non-probationary or project classified employees.
- Employees of public higher education institutions employed one-half time or more as faculty, counselors, librarians, exempt professional, administrative, and classified (non-probationary or project) employees.
- Teachers and other certified instructional staff employed at public common (school district) and vocational schools, holding or seeking a valid endorsement and assignment in a state identified shortage area. For the purposes of this waiver identified shortage areas include:
- Secondary mathematics
- Secondary science
- Special education services
- English language learner programs.
This waiver cannot be used for Continuing Education classes or WAOL Distance Learning Classes.
For more information, please call 509-533-4356.