Specific hardware and software requirements may vary by department and course, so check your syllabus.
At minimum, you need the following:
Computer and Hardware
- A desktop or laptop no more than five years old
- Windows 7 and newer or Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- 1 GB of RAM
- 2Ghz processor
- Access to a printer is recommended
While smartphones and tablets are a nice supplement for completing some course requirements in the Canvas mobile app, you should not plan to complete all course requirements this way. You will need access to a computer on a regular basis. Mobile device specifications can be found here.
Reliable Internet Access
- Minimum of 3Mbps (Check your speed here.)
- Is it recommended to use a wired (ethernet) connection and not Wi-Fi while taking exams.