(Pullman testers must call 509-332-2706 to make appointment)
Placement testing at SFCC consists of two components: English and math. Scores are used to determine which classes you should take.
- A FERPA form must be on file for Testing Center staff to share information with family members or anyone else the students chooses.
The testing session lasts approximately 2.5 hours
Prior to coming to the test, you will need to pay the $30 testing fee. You can pay the at the Cashier window (Bldg. 17) or by phone at 509-533-3569 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Be sure to get a receipt or a receipt number. The receipt, or receipt number, will be valid for 90 days after purchase.
Bring both the testing fee receipt AND valid photo ID to the testing center.
- If the college is delayed, there will be no morning testing. If the college is closed, there will be no testing that day and testing will need to be rescheduled. Before coming for testing, please check our Emergency Alert System page for closings and delays.
Scheduling Your Exam
The Testing Center administers placement assessments during specific dates and times. New students will be enrolled in New Student Orientation (class registration happens here!) upon completion of both assessments. Schedule your appointment to take the assesments by clicking the "schedule an appointment' button below. PLEASE NOTE -- the online scheduling system will be unavailable to you if you have applied less than 72 hours ago. Please call the office at 509-533-3401 to schedule.
If you have graduated from high school within the last three years, you may be eligible to bypass placement testing based on your high school GPA and/or SAT/ACT/Smarter Balance test scores.
Testing at Other Locations
Are you a new student who needs to complete their placement testing at another location? We can help! Please follow the directions below to arrange to take SFCC's placement assessment tests at a location other than the SFCC Testing Center:
Allow at least 48 business hours for proctored requests to be processed
Locate a proctor who is able to accommodate you at your local community college or public library.
Email Mary McDaniel with your proctor’s information: Mary.McDaniel@sfcc.spokane.edu
- Testing Site (name of location)
- Proctor Name (first and last)
- Proctor Title (Librarian? Proctor? Proctor Assistant?)
- Proctor Email Address
- Proctor Phone Number
The SFCC Testing Center will work with your proctor to verify they can meet our requirements and email them the exam and instructions