Student Life

Addressing Student Concerns

It is the belief and practice at Community Colleges of Spokane that the best way for students to solve problems is to first meet with the instructor or staff member involved and attempt to resolve the problem. However, if the concern is not resolved, then the student may request a meeting with the department chair or immediate supervisor of the faculty or staff involved. If the concern is still unresolved, the student may request a meeting with the appropriate division dean. This is an informal process, requiring no paperwork or forms. Students engage in this form of problem solving every day with a great deal of success.

Guidelines and Forms

In some instances resolution is not possible using the informal process. In these cases, after all three steps of the informal process have been followed, students may choose to initiate a more formal process of review. The informal and formal guidelines, as well as the necessary forms, are detailed in the Guidelines for Addressing Student Concerns PDF document, which you may download and print.